Frequently asked questions of passengers at Guarulhos airport
Answers to the most popular passenger queries
- What documentation of COVID-19 must be presented at Guarulhos airport?
- How to get to São Paulo old town by public transport?
- Where is the Uber or Cabify pickup/drop-off area?
- Is it possible to get a SIM card at the airport?
- Is there free Wi-Fi Internet access?
- How to get from Guarulhos to Congonhas Airport?
- How to get from one terminal to the others?
- Is it open 24 hours?
- Is it possible to collect the Emergency or Urgency passport in Guarulhos?
- What to do in case of loss of valuables or luggage?
- Is there a luggage storage service?
- How much does it cost to park in Guarulhos?
- Are there banking and exchange services in Guarulhos?
- Is it possible to find a space for rest or work inside the airport?
- Are there pharmacies?
- Are there baby change facilities?
What documentation of COVID-19 must be presented at Guarulhos airport?
– Brazilians and foreigners must present printed or electronic proof of a complete vaccination schedule and whose last dose was administered at least 14 days before the date of travel. Vaccines approved by the National Health Surveillance Agency, the World Health Organization (WHO) or the authority of the country where the traveler was immunized are valid.
– The voucher must contain the traveler’s name, the trade name or manufacturer’s name of the vaccine, the lot number(s) of the dose(s) administered and the date(s) of application of the dose(s);
– Vaccination vouchers in which the data described above are available exclusively in QR-CODE format or in any other coded language will not be accepted.
– Sars-Cov-2 (covid-19) recovery certificates will not be accepted in lieu of proof of full vaccination.
* Documents issued abroad must be submitted in Portuguese, Spanish or English.
Travelers who are not fully vaccinated must present a negative result of RT-PCR or antigen test performed no more than one day before boarding.
– The RT-PCR or antigen test must be performed in a laboratory recognized by the health authority of the country of origin;
– Children under 12 years of age who are exempt from presenting proof of vaccination and traveling with a companion are exempt from presenting a document certifying that they have been tested for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (covid-19) infection, provided that all companions present documents with negative or undetectable results performed within the day prior to embarkation;
– Children 2 years of age or older and under 12 years of age, traveling unaccompanied, must present a document with a negative or undetectable test result performed within the day prior to boarding;
– Children under two years of age are exempt from presenting a document certifying the completion of a test for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infection (covid-19) for travel to the Federative Republic of Brazil.
How to get to São Paulo old town by public transport?
The best way to get to downtown São Paulo by public transport is to take bus line 257, leaving from the airport to Tatuapé metro station (red line) for only R$ 6.75, every 20 minutes (journey time average: 45 minutes). From the metro station (R$ 4.40 fare) you can get to the old town and several important points of the city.
Where is the Uber or Cabify pickup/drop-off area?
The Uber or Cabify meeting point is on the Arrivals floor of Terminals 2 and 3, first lane. However, it is convenient to coordinate with the driver the exact meeting point. Estimated fare to downtown: between 50 and 70 reais.
Is it possible to get a SIM card at the airport?
O Skill SIM fornece “chips” (cartões SIM), localizado no Terminal 3 – Área de embarque internacional das 7:00 às 22:00h, sujeito a alterações, Terminal 3 na Área de embarque internacional (24 horas) passando o Duty Free.
Is there free Wi-Fi Internet access?
GRU Airport offers 4 hours of free Wi-Fi (2 sessions of 2 hours) at 20 megabit speeds in all areas of the airport. The service is provided by Boingo Wireless, a worldwide wireless provider.
To access it, simply activate Wi-Fi on your cell phone, tablet or laptop, choose the GRU WIFI network and, with a single click and without registration, choose the GRU Wi-Fi Free option on the Boingo website. After 4 hours, the user will be able to choose one of the available packages with different speeds.
In case of doubts, BOINGO has a customer service channel available 24 hours a day, seven days a week 0800-095-9026.
How to get from Guarulhos to Congonhas Airport?
The Airport Bus shuttle service (from R$39.90) connects Guarulhos with Congohnas airport. In turn, GOL and LATAM offer transfer services to their passengers in connection with the Congonhas airport.
How to get from one terminal to the others?
GRU Airport offers free shuttle service between Terminals 1, 2 and 3, stopping at the arrivals area of each terminal every 15 minutes and running from 4 am to midnight. Learn more.
Is it open 24 hours?
The airport is open 24 hours and has some restaurants and cafes available throughout the night at T2, such as: Viena Snacks, Ballon Cafe, Quinta do Grão, Heineken, Pizza Hut and Rei do Mate. In addition, the airport has several 24-hour services, such as: convenience and duty free stores, currency exchange, car rental, pharmacy and VIP lounges.
Is it possible to collect the Emergency or Urgency passport in Guarulhos?
Any passenger with Brazilian citizenship can pick up the passport (either Emergency or Urgency) at the Federal Police office (Terminal 3 – Arrivals floor tel (11) 2445-2212) at Guarulhos airport. To start the process you must visit the site of the Federal Police, and search the passport option.
What to do in case of loss of valuables or luggage?
In case you lose documentation or belongings inside the terminals, you should contact the Lost and Found sector (Achados e Perdidos) in T3 – 2nd Floor – Temporary service from Monday to Friday (except holidays), from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. The objects are kept there for a period of 60 days from the date of loss. If your luggage or personal effects were lost or damaged during the trip, you should contact your airline.
Is there a luggage storage service?
Malex provides luggage custody services, in T3 international arrivals area Tel +55 (11) 2445-7667 (hours 7 am to 7 pm) and in T2 West landing areas +55 (11) 4236-8888 ext: 1101 / +55 (11) 2445-2501 (24 hours).
How much does it cost to park in Guarulhos?
Depending on the parking lot, between R$26 and R$32 per hour and the daily rate from R$70 to R$90. Learn More
Are there banking and exchange services in Guarulhos?
Banking services are provided by
Terminal 2 – Mezzanine – Check-in E
(11) 2445-4141 / 2445-4144
10am to 4pm –
BANCO DO BRASIL
Terminal 2 – Mezzanine – Check-in E
10h to 19h
Terminal 2 – Mezzanine – Check-in D
+55 (11) 2445-3079/3239
10h – 19h
Terminal 2 – Mezzanine – Check-in C
+55 (11) 2445-2906/2907
10h – 16h
In addition, the airport has 24-hour ATMs in Terminal 2 check in D, East and West and Terminal 3 in Mezzanine and boarding, as well as BANCO SAFRA exchange houses, in Terminals 2 and 3 and operating 24 hours.
Is it possible to find a space for rest or work inside the airport?
Urban Lounge has work spaces, rest areas, showers, catering services and a meeting room. (60 reais per hour per person), 6 hours (180 reais). It is located in Terminal 2, Pre-boarding, check in E, Mezzanine, and is available 24 hours a day. Learn more.
Are there pharmacies?
There is a pharmacy called Farmais in T1 public area from 6am to 10pm, and in T2 (boarding and arrivals levels) 24 hours and Droga Raia in public area T3
Are there baby change facilities?
To ensure greater comfort and convenience for parents and babies, GRU Airport has 56 baby changing stations distributed throughout its three terminals. The service is integrated to the toilet sets in the main circulation points, such as lobbies, departure and arrival lounges, and baggage reclaim. The service is free of charge.